Dr Michele R. Prinsep
Senior Lecturer (Organic Chemistry)
Qualifications: BSc (Hons) Canterbury (1987), PhD. Canterbury (1990), Post-doctoral Research Fellow, University of Hawaii (1990-1991). Research leave at Cambridge (1994), ZONTA Award (2000).
Papers I Teach
Students I Supervise
Aaron Andersen - Natural Products from New Zealand Bryozoans
Jonathan Puddick - Investigating cyanobacteria (blue-green algae) by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry with the aim of:
the discovery of novel and/or bioactive secondary metabolites
improved quantitation of known microcystins, a wide-spread cyanotoxin
increased understanding of the regulatory keys for microcystin production
- Natural products chemistry, particularly that of New Zealand marine bryozoans and terrestrial cyanobacteria (blue-green algae).
- Application of spectral methods, especially NMR spectroscopy and MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry to structural determination.
- Biologically active compounds and structure-activity relationships.
- Chemical ecology.
Current projects are all directed towards finding novel and/or bioactive metabolites from New Zealand and Antarctic bryozoans and cyanobacteria.
Marine natural products chemistry; NMR spectroscopy; chemistry of cyanobacteria.
- Blunt, J., Copp, B., Keyzers, R., Munro, M., Prinsep, M. (2012) Marine natural products
Reviews - Natural Products Reports
- Puddick, J., Prinsep, M., Wood, S., Cary, S., Hamilton, D. (2012) Enhanced sample preparation for quantitation of Microcystins by matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionisation–time of flight mass spectrometry
Refereed Journal Articles - Phytochemical Analysis
- Tripathi, A., Puddick, J., Prinsep, M., Rottmann, M., Chan, K., Chen, D., Tan, L. (2011) Lagunamide C, a cytotoxic cyclodepsipeptide from the marine cyanobacterium Lyngbya majuscula
Refereed Journal Articles - Phytochemistry
- Puddick, J., Prinsep, M., Wood, S., Cary, S., Hamilton, D. (2011) Biosynthetic promiscuity: Numerous microcystin congeners produced by a Microcystis strain (CYN06)
Conference - Oral Presentation - NZ Institute of Chemistry Conference
Find more research publications by Michele Prinsep
|Name||  ||Extn.||  ||Username||  ||Room||  ||Department|
|Prinsep, Dr Michele||8902||michele||E.3.06||Chemistry|
You can contact staff by:
- Calling +64 7 838 4466 then enter the extension
- Extensions starting with 4 or 5 can also be direct dialed:
- For extensions starting with 4: dial +64 7 838 extension
- For extensions starting with 5: dial +64 7 858 extension
- Emailing email@example.com
- Using the campus map to locate their room